- Mathematics program links
- Graduate School and University links
- Other links
Here are useful tips from our current graduate students on housing in the Corvallis area.
Petitions should be sent to the Graduate Chair as soon as possible. There is no formal process or expected language for petitions, but that the following three items should always be included in the petition:
- An explanation of the unusual circumstances facing the graduate student.
- A description of the actions to be taken by the graduate student that will bring the student in line with program guidelines.
- Proof of support from the student’s major professor/advisor.
Writing a Thesis?
Questions about formatting Thesis? Consult this Graduate School Thesis guide. Here are also LaTeX templates that you may find useful for thesis preparation. See also Other Latex Templates such as posters and presentations.
Defense and final exam
- Reserve a room for presentations and thesis defenses (may require several weeks in advance)
- Let the Graduate Coordinator know the date/time and location of your defense (at least a week in advance). If you are presenting an expository paper or defending with a MS or PHD Thesis, this presentation/defense is a public event and must be advertized in the department.
- Consult the learning outcomes and print the rubrics for PhD defense or MS defense.
Mathematics Student Organizations at OSU
Graduate Student Computer Orientation