Mathematics graduate students planning travel to conferences, workshops and summer schools can apply for travel support.
- Many organizations/agencies /institutions responsible for the event such as AMS, SIAM etc. have special funds set aside for graduate student travel support: (full or partial). The application process varies, but it typically involves submitting your CV, statement of objectives or similar, and providing one (or more) letter of recommendation. Your adviser will be able to provide these as well as suggest where and how to apply.
- If more support is needed, you can apply for travel support from the Graduate School, College, and/or Department.
These are quite competitive, and typically preference is given to advanced students presenting their work at national or international events.
- For Graduate School travel awards, see Graduate School Travel award. Your adviser must nominate you to Graduate Committee, and only one nominee from the department can be recommended for this award in every round of competition. Only students who have filed Program of Study can be considered.
- Deadlines of Grad School travel awards in 2016-17 have been: Nov.2, Feb. 1, May 2, August 1.
- Department deadlines for nominations in 2016/17 have been: Oct.15, Jan. 19, April 18, (next:) July 15. These deadlines are periodically communicated to graduate faculty.
- For College of Science awards, see COSSTA
- Occasionally, the department may have some funds available for graduate student travel support. Please contact Department Head.
Many of our students have been quite successful obtaining travel support. See travel awards listed at awards webiste and Graduate Travel listing.
See also http://math.oregonstate.edu/graduate-current-faq#travelfunding