Mathematics department faculty and students participate in a variety of interdisciplinary projects, programs, certificates, as well as sponsored research projects. Please consult the links to some of the education programs below.
- (New since Spring 2017) Biological Data Sciences Minor.
- The online Data Analytics program (new in Fall 2016) allows graduate students to get an 18-credit certificate or a concurrent Master's degree.
- Since 2015 more than 6 Mathematics PhD students are working on getting the 18-credit Graduate Certificate in College and University Teaching (GCCUT).
- Students interested in mathematics applied to natural resources and ecosystems are encouraged to consider the new NSF Research Traineeship Program in Risk and Uncertainty Quantification in Marine Science at http://marinerisk.ceoas.oregonstate.edu/. The first math PhD students started in this program in Fall 2016.
- The department maintains an active program in Actuarial Science
- The Ecosystem Informatics IGERT program was established in 2004. EI participants worked at the interface among their disciplines to explore alternative frameworks for understanding ecological processes. Currently students can participate in the Ecosystem Informatics Summer Institute.