Math Graduate Student User Accounts
- ONID (Oregon Network Identification)
- COSINe accounts provide:
- Personal File storage (10 GB per user, sci-main.science.oregonstate.edu OR Z:)
- Departmental Share File storage (10 GB per user, storage.science.oregonstate.edu OR T:)
- Linux shell access (shell.science.oregonstate.edu)
- Personal web pages (math.oregonstate.edu/~scienceuser) -- Edit via Z: or shell
- Access to research computing resources: research computing cluster
- The machines in the MLC and in graduate student offices are maintained by COSINe <firstname.lastname@example.org>. If you feel that a problem that you have requested help for is not being addressed, please contact the chair of the department's computer/website committee via the mathweb @math e-mail alias. A member of the committee will follow up with the COSINe helpdesk staff.
- For help, email email@example.com or call 7-5574.
Math Department Website -- math.oregonstate.edu
- Single Sign On: linked to your ONID account
- MathWeb accounts provide:
- Listing in Department Directory
- Displays office number, phone number, @math email address, link to profile page
- Profile Page (math.oregonstate.edu/people/view/mathwebuser)
- Displays office hours (required) and optional: photo, link to personal webpage, research interests, etc.
- Create events
- Allows viewing of internal information (math.oregonstate.edu/internal) including:
- Guidelines for homepages
- Departmental Email aliases
- Faculty Committee members
- Teaching Procedures
- To login to the Math Department Web site, go to the bottom of the homepage math.oregonstate.edu and click "Login".
- To logout afterward look for the "Log out" link at the bottom of any page.
- For help, email mathweb @math
- You should update your office hours as soon as possible, and again at the beginning of every term. Login to the Math Department website and go to the departmental directory, click your name, then click "edit" tab.