You are here
Sponsored Research Projects
- NSF-DMS 1522734 "Phase transitions in porous media across multiple scales". PI: Malgorzata Peszynska, $383,894, Sep. 2015-Sep. 2018
- BPA Technology Innovation Program, ``Framework for Quantification of Risk and Valuation of Flexibility in the FCRPS'', Co-PI Nathan Gibson, with Arturo Leon (PI, Civil Engineering), Yong Chen (Co-PI, Applied Economics), Claudio Fuentes (Co-PI, Statistics) and Christopher Hoyle (Co-PI, Mechanical Engineering), $1.2M, 10/2015--9/2018.
- NSF-DMS 1412557 "Unexpected Correlations in Biological Networks". PI: Yevgeniy Kovchegov, Co-PI: Andriy Morgun, $184,702, Aug. 2014-Aug. 2017
- Paradigms in Physics: Representations of Partial Derivatives: Sept 2013–Aug 2016, Project pages:Portfolio Wiki, Bridge Project, Bridge Book, PI:Corinne Manogue, Co-PI's:Tevian Dray, David Roundy, Eric Weber, Emily Van Zee
- National Energy Technology Laboratory Office of Research & Development Fund, ``Applying Computational Methods to Determine the Electric Current Densities in a Magnetohydrodynamic Generator Channel from External Magnetic Flux Density Measurements'', PI Nathan Gibson with Vrushali Bokil (Co-PI) and Rigel Woodside (NETL, Albany, OR), $289,928, 11/2013--10/2016.
- Hybrid modeling in Porous Media: Sep 2011-Aug 2016 PI: Malgorzata Peszynska. Senior Personnel: Dorthe Wildenschild.
- "Feasibility of Biogeochemical Sealing of Wellbore Cements: Lab and Simulation Tests", DOE NETL project (PI: Marta Torres, CEAOS OSU, Co-PI M. Peszynska ), Nov. 15, 2013-October 31, 2014, $258,787
- BPA Technology Innovation Program, ``Towards reduction of uncertainty in the operation of reservoir systems'', Co-PI Nathan Gibson, with Arturo Leon (PI, Civil Engineering) and Christopher Hoyle (Co-PI, Mechanical Engineering), $555,527, 10/2012--9/2015.
- "Risk Reduction of CO2 Storage with Stochastic Simulations" (PI M. Peszynska, Co-PI Mina Ossiander), DOE NETL project Nov. 15, 2013-October 31, 2014, $94,000
- "Cumulative Evaluation of Spatial Risk & Uncertainty in Support of CO2 Storage Evaluation" (PI M. Peszynska, Co-PI Mina Ossiander), DOE NETL project Nov. 15, 2013-October 31, 2014, $60,000
- Simons Foundation, Collaboration Grants for Mathematicians. PI: Yevgeniy Kovchegov, September 1, 2013 - August 31, 2014
- Residence and First Passage Time Functionals in Heterogeneous Ecological Dispersion:Sep 2011-Aug 2013
PI's- Edward Waymire along with Brian Wood from the School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering. Co-PI's:Vrushali A. Bokil, Nathan Gibson, Enrique Thomann
- SOLAR: Enhanced Photovoltaic Efficiency through Heterojunction Assisted Impact Ionization: Sep 2010- Aug 2014), Collaborative project with University of Oregon, PI: Stepehen Kevan, OSU co-PIs: Malgorzata Peszynska Guenter Schneider and Janet Tate
- Paradigms in Physics: Interactive Electromagnetic Curricular Materials: Sept 2010–Aug 2014, Project pages:Portfolio Wiki, Bridge Project, Bridge Book, PI:Tevian Dray, Co-Pi's:Corinne Manogue, Emily Van Zee
- A New Look at the Freudenthal Magic Square: Jul 2013–Jun 2013 PI: Tevian Dray
- An Octonionic Description of Fundamental Particles:Aug 2012–Jul 2015 PI: Tevian Dray, Co-PI:Corinne Manogue
- Interconnections Networks Topological Properties and Communication Algorithms: Sep 2010-Aug2013 PI:Bella Bose, CoPI:Mary Flahive
- US Executive Participation in Bernoulli Society for Mathematical Statistics & Probablity: Jun 2010- May 2014 PI: Edward Waymire
- Partition Rank Functions-American Institute of Mathematics Structured Quartet Research: Oct 2011-July 2015, PI's: Holly Swisher OSU, Sharon Garthwaite (Bucknell University), Soon-Yi Kang (Kangwon National University, Stephanie Treneer (Western Washington University), Amanda Folsom (Amherst College).
- Algebraic Dynamics over Global Fields: Geometric and Analytic Methods, Hunter College 2009-2012 (OSU sub-award 2011-2012). PI: Clayton Petsche
- Time Domain Numerical Methods for Electromagnetic Wave Propagation Problems in Complex Dispersive Dielectrics: Sept 2008-Aug 2013 PI:Vrushali A. Bokil
- Bridging the Vector Calculus Gap: Episode II, 2003–2007, see also project page, PI:Tevian Dray
- Model Adaptivity for Porous Media:2005-20011, PI: Malgorzata Peszynska
- Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Preferential Flow in Porous Media:2005-2010, PI: R.E.Showalter, Co-PI: Malgorzata Peszynska
- Computed Tomography and Sampling Aug 2002-Jul 2006, PI:Adel Faridani
- Ecosystem Informatics IGERT Math Faculty involved: Vrushali Bokil, Yevgeniy Kovchegov, Mina E. Ossiander, Enrique A. Thomann, Edward C. Waymire
- Investigating the Effectiveness of the NWREL Mathematics Problem-Solving Model: A Quasi-Experimental Study. Co-PI:Thomas P. Dick
- Mathematical and Experimental Analysis of Reactive Transport in Discontinuous Porous Media Co-PIs:Vrushali A. Bokil, Enrique A. Thomann, Edward C. Waymire
- Oregon Mathematics Leadership Institute (OMLI) Partnership: see also project page.
PI:Thomas P. Dick, other mathematics faculty involved with OMLI: Tevian Dray, Barbara E. Edwards, Marie Franzosa, Dianne Hart, Scott Peterson, Lyn S. Riverstone.
- Paradigms in Physics: Multiple Entry Points: 2006–2011, see also project page.Co-PIs:Tevian Dray, Barbara E. Edwards
- Projectile Penetration into Sand Media:PI:Ronald B. Guenther