The Mathematics Department offers personalized academic advising for all OSU students, including undergraduate math majors and non-majors.
Professional Advisors Lyn Riverstone and Dave Wing are available in the Mathematics Department office and can provide a broad variety of advising services, including assistance with scheduling, lower division program planning, and signatures on a variety of forms such as change-of-major or add-a-minor forms.
- Math Department Office: Kidder 368
- Winter Term Drop-In Advising Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00-10:00 am and 2:00-3:00pm
REQUEST AN ADVISING APPOINTMENT:
Please use this form to make an appointment with an advisor.
If you have questions, or want to contact an advisor directly, you can send an email to UnderGradInfo@math.oregonstate.edu. To contact an advisor by phone, please call the main office in the Math Department at 541-737-4686.
The answers you seek may also be found in the Undergraduate Advising: FAQ.
MATH MAJORS/MINORS: (Current or prospective)
- For early career math majors or minors (taking 100 or 200 level MTH courses), Lyn and Dave offer program and scheduling advice, and can provide signatures (e.g. change of major/minor forms) and registration PINs. Please use this form to make an appointment with Lyn or Dave.
- Students who are taking 300 and 400 level MTH courses should consult with a member of the Undergraduate Advising Committee. These are the tenure/tenure-track faculty members listed below. These professors can help you with questions about your program, provide signatures or registration PINs, and work with you on career and graduate school planning. You are free to consult with any advisor, but you are nominally assigned to an advisor based on the first letter of your last name, as below.
- Anyone interested in actuarial courses, exams, internship and career possibilities, or the minor program should visit with Dr. Yevgeniy Kovchegov.
ADVISING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Contact information for all department faculty is available in the Faculty Directory. Access web pages and find offices and phone numbers.
At the link Undergraduate Resources there is a collection of information for current and potential mathematics students.