The Mathematics Department offers personalized academic advising for all OSU students, including undergraduate math majors and non-majors.
Professional Advisors are available in the Mathematics Department office and can provide a broad variety of advising services, including assistance with scheduling, lower division program planning, and signatures on a variety of forms such as change-of-major or add-a-minor forms.
For services such as signing S/U forms, questions about course transfer credits, etc.
- Math Department Office: Kidder 368
- SUMMER TERM DROP-IN ADVISING HOURS: There are no drop-in advising hours during the summer, but you can meet with an advisor via appointment by filling out the form below under "Request an Advising Appointment".
REQUEST AN ADVISING APPOINTMENT:
For services such as change of major, add a minor, future term planning, etc.
If you have questions, or want to contact an advisor directly, you can send an email to UnderGradInfo@math.oregonstate.edu. To contact an advisor by phone, please call the main office in the Math Department at 541-737-4686.
The answers you seek may also be found in the Undergraduate Advising: FAQ.
MATH MAJORS/MINORS: (Current or prospective)
- For early career math majors or minors (taking 100 or 200 level MTH courses), professional advisors offer program and scheduling advice, and can provide signatures (e.g. change of major/minor forms) and registration PINs. Please use this form to make an appointment with an advisor.
- Students who are taking 300 and 400 level MTH courses should consult with a member of the Undergraduate Advising Committee. These are the tenure/tenure-track faculty members listed below. These professors can help you with questions about your program, provide signatures or registration PINs, and work with you on career and graduate school planning. You are free to consult with any advisor, but you are nominally assigned to an advisor based on the first letter of your last name, as below.
- Anyone interested in actuarial courses, exams, internship and career possibilities, or the minor program should visit with Dr. Yevgeniy Kovchegov.
ADVISING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
||Your Last Name Begins With
||Algebra, Geometry & Toplogy
|Adel Faridani (Chair)
||Numerical Analysis & Applied Math
||Analysis & Applied Math
|Mina Ossiander (Statistics and Applied & Computational Options)
|Yevgeniy Kovchegov (Actuarial Science Minor)
|Mary Beisiegel (Secondary Teaching Emphasis)
|| Math Education
Contact information for all department faculty is available in the Faculty Directory. Access web pages and find offices and phone numbers.
At the link Undergraduate Resources there is a collection of information for current and potential mathematics students.