You are here
Guidelines for administering personal information (administrative users only)
- There are two separate concepts on our website: of a mathweb user and of a department member.
- A user is somebody who can log in to the website (has a password and can access internal webpages
- A member is somebody about whom informaiton is being stored in the database and is being displayed in departmenal listings and her/his webpage.
- Only mathweb can enter a new user. Please let mathweb know the new user's COSINE user ID (this will be her/his mathweb user ID called osuindex) and status (grad, facukty, or staff).
- Once mathweb has created a user, informaiton about the department member can be entered. In particular, please enter the following, if known:
- Office number
- Telephone number
- Email address (if you do not enter anything, the default will be the osuindex at math dot oregonstate dot edu