This professional development workshop is designed for senior graduate students and postdocs who are interested in an academic career in the field, lab, and/or modeling-based sciences (especially applied mathematics). The workshop will run May 22-24, 2016.
• Mentoring 101: How To Get What You Need To Thrive In The Academy facilitated by the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
• Panel discussion with recently promoted professors from a range of institutions facilitated by the Earth Science Women’s Network Leadership Board
• Communication and Networking Strategies
• Panel discussion with Brown University administrators
• Q&A opportunities with Brown University faculty
Local housing and most meals will be provided. Funding for travel expenses may also be available. Apply at http://www.brown.edu/about/administration/institutional-diversity/2016-y....
Applications must be received by April 15th, 2016.