ORNL Science Education and Workforce Development Virtual Career Fair: February 22, 2018
All times reflect Eastern Standard Times.
12:00 PM: Virtual Career Fair opens and recruiters are LIVE to chat from 12:00-3:00 pm.
12:00-1:00 PM: Dr. Jeremy Busby, Dr. Melanie Mayes, and Julie Ezold will be LIVE in the Meet an ORNL Mentor booth to chat.
• Dr. Jeremy Busby is the Division Director for the Materials Science and Technology Division in the Physical Sciences Directorate at ORNL. His contributions range from light water reactors to sodium reactors and space reactor systems as well as research in support of the ITER project.
• Dr. Melanie Mayes is an ORNL Senior Staff Scientist and Multi-scale Environmental Processes Team Leader with the Environmental Sciences Division and the Climate Change Science Institute.
• Julie Ezold has over 25 years of experience in the nuclear sciences and is currently the Californium-252 Program Manager. She is responsible for the technical aspects as well as the program management activities of each curium target campaign.
1:00-2:00 PM: Dr. Robert Duckworth and Marie Urban will be LIVE in the Meet an ORNL Mentor booth to chat.
• Dr. Robert Duckworth is a Senior R&D Staff Member in the Fusion and Materials for Nuclear Systems Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
• Marie Urban is a Staff Scientist in the Geographic Information Science and Technology Group at ORNL. She is the Principal Investigator for the Population Density Tables (PDT) project and has been for the past decade.
2:00-3:00 PM: Dr. Erin Webb and Jay Billings will be LIVE in the Meet an ORNL Mentor booth to chat.
• Dr. Erin Webb is a Senior R&D Staff Member in the Environmental Sciences Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Joint Associate Professor in the Department of Biosystems Engineering and Soil Science at the University of Tennessee.
• Jay Billings is a Research Scientist in the Computer Science Research Group of the Computer Science and Mathematics Division at ORNL. His research focuses on the design and implementation of modeling and simulation tools for energy science, a large part of which has been related to the study of scientific workflows in an HPC context.
3:00 PM: Virtual Career Fair closes