Program: The Data Incubator is an intensive 8 week fellowship that prepares masters students, PhDs, and postdocs in STEM and social science fields seeking industry careers as data scientists. The program is free for Fellows and supported by sponsorships from hundreds of employers across multiple industries. In response to the overwhelming interest in our earlier sessions, we will be holding another fellowship.
Who Should Apply:
Anyone who has already obtained a masters or PhD degree or who is within one year of graduating with a masters or PhD is welcome to apply. Applications from international students are welcome.
You do not need to currently be a student in order to apply as long as you already have a master's or PhD. Faculty and postdocs are also welcome.
Anyone who is in the process of earning a master's degree or PhD. We recommend master's students be in their last semester of coursework at the time they attend the program and PhD students be within six months of defending their dissertation.
The rewards and benefits for Fellows include:
* Job placement assistance. Our staff works closely with Fellows to identify their unique interests and skills to facilitate placements with our industry partners.
* Tuition free. The program is free for admitted Fellows.
* Hands on experience. All of our projects are designed to give you experience with real data sets, solving real problems.
* Onsite instructors. Every location has an onsite Data Scientist in Residence to lead discussion and assist students.
* Mentorship from industry leaders. Learn from alumni and senior data scientists, and build your professional network.
* Cohort style program. Make the transition from academia with a selective peer group excited to learn and collaborate. We aim to keep each cohort small, fewer than 20 students per location, to maximize your interaction with our Data Scientists in Residence.
The program is geared towards helping participants find a job in the private sector and we are looking for candidates who want to start within 1-2 months of completing the Fellowship. If you are interested, we encourage you to apply.