2019 Graduate Student Travel Grants to Spring AMS Sectional Meetings. The American Mathematical Society, with support from a private gift, is now accepting applications for travel grants to provide partial support to graduate students in order to attend one of the Spring 2019 AMS Sectional Meetings.
All full-time graduate students at North American institutions in the mathematical sciences will be eligible; no person may receive a sectional meeting travel grant more than once. Applications will be accepted on Mathprograms.org until November 18, 2018. The AMS Sectional Meetings Travel Grants Committee will consider all applications for the Spring 2019 Sectional Meetings as a group. Applicants will be notified of the decisions by the end of December, 2018.
The upcoming Spring 2019 Sectional Meetings are:
March 15-17, 2019, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
March 22-24, 2019, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
April 13-14, 2019, University of Connecticut Hartford (Hartford Regional Campus), Hartford, CT
Some details of the program:
* The current institution of the applicant MUST be more than 50 miles from the site of the meeting per Google Maps.
* A representative of the university must submit an Institutional Authorization verifying that the applicant is a full-time graduate student in the mathematical sciences. Each awardee's university is strongly encouraged, but not required, to provide matching support.
* Support level for travel to a Sectional Meeting is US$250. In no case will support exceed this amount.
* Support is only available following the meeting; proof of attendance will be required.
* Each application cycle is a selective process; an applicant may or may not receive an award.