Math Graduate Student User Accounts
- ONID (Oregon Network Identification)
- ONID accounts provide:
- Email (oniduser @oregonstate.edu) - see Configuring Email Clients
- File storage (2GB per user, onid-fs.onid.oregonstate.edu)
- Personal web pages (people.oregonstate.edu/~oniduser)
- Linux shell access (shell.onid.oregonstate.edu)
- Printing campus-wide
- Access to other services (OSU Online Services, including
- MATLAB: OSU has subscribed to a Total Academic Headcount (TAH) Site License for MATLAB. This new licensing includes many, but not all MATLAB toolboxes. OSU faculty, staff and students can install on up to 4 personally-owned devices or computers. For more information visit Information Services -- MATLAB.
- For help, visit oregonstate.edu/is/tss/och OR simply oregonstate.edu/helpdocs
- COSINe accounts provide:
- Personal File storage (10 GB per user, sci-main.science.oregonstate.edu OR Z:)
- Departmental Share File storage (10 GB per user, storage.science.oregonstate.edu OR T:)
- Linux shell access (shell.science.oregonstate.edu)
- Personal web pages (math.oregonstate.edu/~scienceuser) -- Edit via Z: or shell
- Access to research computing resources: research computing cluster
- The machines in the MLC and in graduate student offices are maintained by COSINe. If you feel that a problem that you have requested help for is not being addressed, please contact the chair of the department's computer/website committee via the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail alias. A member of the committee will follow up with the COSINe helpdesk staff.
- For help, email email@example.com or call 7-5574.
Math Department Website -- math.oregonstate.edu
- Single Sign On (CAS): linked to your ONID account
- MathWeb accounts provide:
- Listing in Department Directory
- Displays office number, phone number, university email address, link to profile page
- Profile Page (math.oregonstate.edu/people/view/mathwebuser)
- Displays office hours (required) and optional: photo, link to personal webpage, research interests, etc.
- Create events
- Allows viewing of internal information (math.oregonstate.edu/internal) including:
- Guidelines for homepages
- Departmental Email aliases
- Faculty Committee members
- Teaching Procedures
- To login to the Math Department Web site, go to the bottom of the homepage math.oregonstate.edu and click "Login".
- To logout afterward look for the "Log out" link at the bottom of any page.
- For help, email mathweb@math
- You should update your office hours as soon as possible, and again at the beginning of every term. Login to the Math Department website and go to the departmental directory, click your name, then click "edit" tab.