The American Mathematical Society, with support from a private gift, is now accepting applications for travel grants to provide partial support to graduate students in order to attend one of the Spring 2012 AMS Sectional Meetings. All full time graduate students in the mathematical sciences will be eligible.
Applications will be accepted until October 27, 2011. The AMS Sectional Meetings Travel Grants Committee will consider all applications for the Spring
2012 Sectional Meetings as a group.Applicants will be notified of the decisions by early December, 2011.
See the web page for details and instructions: http://www.ams.org/student-travel
The upcoming Spring 2012 Sectional Meetings are:
- March 3-4, 2011 University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
- March 10-11, 2012 University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- March 17-18, 2012 George Washington University, Washington, DC
- March 30-April 1, 2012 University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
Some details of the program:
- The current institution of the applicant MUST be more than 50 miles from the site of the meeting per Google Maps or MapQuest.
- A representative of the university must submit a statement verifying that the applicant is a full time graduate student in the mathematical sciences. Each awardee's university is strongly encouraged, but not required, to provide matching support.
- Support level for travel to a Sectional Meeting is $250. In no case will support exceed this amount.
- Support is only available following the meeting; proof of attendance will be required.
- Each application cycle is a selective process; an applicant may or may not receive an award.