After taking the initial Math Placement Assessment, you have the opportunity to use a Learning Module within ALEKS to refresh your knowledge of the mathematical topics unique to your MyPie results. ALEKS tells you which mathematical topics you know, and which ones you're ready to learn.
Your Learning Module will be available for 1 year after your initial Math Placement Assessment. Additional access to ALEKS can be purchased, if needed, by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using a learning module in ALEKS
- Will help you further prepare for your Mathematics courses, increasing your likelihood of success.
- Will help you place into your preferred Mathematics course, saving both time and money.
- Is required before retaking the Math Placement Assessment.
- Has been shown to significantly improve both student success and course performance.
Meeting the cutoff score for your preferred course is a great start, but does not guarantee success. It's highly recommended that you spend time in a Learning Module to increase your preparation for your math course.
As you answer questions, you'll see your MyPie fill up, and ALEKS may reassess you from time to time to ensure you have retained the topic information, but this does not count as one of your re-assessments.
Please note you may choose only one Learning Module. If you are unsure which module to select, use the module recommended by ALEKS.
Retaking the Math Placement Assessment
- Before retaking the ALEKS Math Placement Assessment, you must spend at least 3 hours in your Learning Module, but the more time spent, the higher the likelihood of course placement and course success.
- A re-assessment will become available 48 hours after your previous assessment attempt.
- The assessment can be retaken a maximum of four times.